Thursday, January 15, 2015

God is GREAT - ALWAYS




We do not know what the future holds, only God knows that. Complete reliance on HIM will allow us to find the correct paths, the correct way of life, the abundance of blessings that only He can give.

Why do say this? because I know it to be true. I have lived it. I know what it feels like to "leave stuff in the bucket" Inky Johnson. I know how it feels to fail and fail big time. 

A year ago I found myself taken out of a situation I should never have put myself into. I felt like Sampson, I was like Sampson. I have allowed myself to be enticed and eventually devoured from within by the lust of life and harlotry. I knew the payday was coming. God caused me to have to pay up, and I did. But thank God He showed me "the more excellent way". by placing me in a place where I had a choice, continue fighting God, and losing. Or humbling myself, and allowing God to work on me. I thank God that I sat aside my stubbornness and let God, "do His thing" to me. I followed the instructions in James 4:6-10, and God has done wonders ever since. 

Now I am happy. I still have nothing, but there is a reason for that. When you have nothing and get something, you appreciate it so much more. Now words, thank you Marisa Anders & Summer Widner and encouragement, thank you Sanford C Loy Ccm, And opportunities, thank you Dave Hooker. Are the greatest blessings of all. I have had my share of disappointments, but they were for a reason. The reason was most of the time it was what I wanted, not what God wanted. 

So what have I learned? God's plans are perfect, when we plan we mess it up. Be patient, wait on God, He is not in the fire, the wind and earth shaking stuff, He is in the still small voice that is the guidance center of our lives. If we follow God's plans, we will succeed. If we follow our plans, we will flourish occasionally, but we will always fail in the end. 

But the greatest lesson I have learned, I have a forgiving God. I do not have to worry, He always forgives. Man says, "I can forgive, but never forget", I am SO glad God is not like that. He forgives freely and forgets what we have done. 

Can you imagine if God forgave like we forgive each other? Think of that the next time you forgive someone. Forgive them like God forgives us.

No comments:

Post a Comment