Thursday, January 15, 2015

This was originally post to my FB page 17 December. Enjoy. 


Well here is my thought for the day...
Love is a finicky thing. Now I am talking about romantic love. When you love someone your hearts desire is to see that person to live and be to their utmost potential to themselves and the one they love. However is it love, true love (a play on the movie The Princess Bride) when all one wants to do is change that person? By change I mean changing their style, their look, their actions, the relationships with their family, even children. I have thought about this here of late. When you love someone of course you would want to change possibly their destructive lifestyle, or perhaps a bad habit they may have.


But is it love, or true love, when you constantly want to change their look, how they walk, talk, even how they stand? I have truly loved, and still do to this day, and always will 2 women in my lifetime. When I say "I have loved" I mean they still have a piece of my heart, and always will. These 2 women wished me to only change my destructive lifestyle or habits. They loved me for ME, unconditionally. They loved me still even with my destructive lifestyle. They did not wish to change my hair or clothes, they loved me for what I had inside. They did not want me to change my relationship with my family, nor did they want me to replace my family with their dysfunctional family. They both had wonderful functional families. I lost them because I did not change my destructive lifestyle and habits, and it was a tragic loss for me. One that I still mourn today.


Sorry I know this thought may be discombobulated, but it is a thought I had on my mind. God puts you in places where He feels you will excel. Perhaps someday He will place me there again, oh wait He has. He has lifted me up and placed me on the Rock again. I thank God for James 4:6-10. It showed me the path back to Him.
God Bless You this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment